Job Title: Finance Manager
Salary: £25 per hour
Hours: 14 hours per week (two days per week)
Location: Head Office (Mayfield House, Bethnal Green), Tower Hamlets /Remote working (expectation to be in the office once a month)
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
The Finance Manager will be responsible for managing the finance function, developing, implementing, and maintaining an appropriate internal control framework, and applying the terms and conditions of contracts and grants.
You will facilitate the maintenance of accurate and up to date financial and accounting records to ensure the effective running of the charity.
You will manage the Finance Assistant and work closely with the Fundraising team and external accountants.
- Support the securing of income opportunities by providing financial information for bids, grants, and applications.
- Create and implement templates to enable the team to provide accurate financial information for submitting bids, quotes and applications and high-level security within the systems to uphold client confidentiality.
- Work with project leads and the senior team to ensure the effective management of funds, including the tracking and reporting expenditures in line with statutory requirements of WIT's filing system.
- Develop and deliver financial performance information to assist the Senior Team and Trustees in the running of the charity providing valuable financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing the charity's strategy.
- Assist the CEO and Senior Leads in the business planning and budgeting/forecasting processes
- Manage the year-end audit by liaising and engaging with the external auditor and accountant to process payroll and pensions monthly.
- Work with the Senior Team and Finance Sub Committee to provide adequate procedures, measures, and systems of internal control appropriate for the nature and size of the charity and meeting statutory obligations.
- Manage the financial and accounting operations using Xero financial management software and Microsoft Excel
- Produce accurate monthly Management Accounts for the CEO and Senior Management Team, including commentary on significant areas and variances from budgets and Update monthly the cash flow forecast
- Produce accurate quarterly Management Accounts for review to the Finance Sub Committee, including commentary on significant areas and variances from budgets
- Work alongside the Senior Management Team to prepare detailed annual budgets for approval by the CEO and Finance Sub Committee
- Monitor Gift Aid and submit claims when required.
- Undertaking administrative tasks as and when required, be hands-on and self-sufficient
- Work with the external accountant to complete monthly return payments to Inland Revenue, and year-end returns in a timely, proactive and accurate manner
- Report safeguarding concerns to the WIT Designated Safeguarding Manager and follow company procedure.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of financial accounting
- Qualified (CIMA, ACCA or ACA ) or QBE for the right candidate. Part qualified acceptable, with the right experience
- At least three years of experience in the review and production of accounts
- Excellent IT skills with extensive experience in working with online accounting systems, Excel and MS Office
- High proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUPs etc.)
- Experience in using Xero online accounting system
- Experience in dealing with auditors and a clear understanding of their requirements
- Experience Overseeing SORPs and Charity Accounting
- Thrives in a socially motivated environment and can work at speed in a constantly changing environment
- Experience in people management and a team player
- Two references from previous employers will be required
- To apply, send your CV and covering letter to SafiaJ@wit.org.uk by 5 pm on 27th May 2022
- Applicants shortlisted for an interview be interviewed within one week
- The official role start will be in mid-June 2022