The Financial controller is responsible for the oversight of accurate and reliable month end management reporting, including the formal Group close of the ledger and Group reporting into our parent company. This role is also responsible for the timely preparation of the year end statutory accounts for the consolidated group, and the individual entities.
An exciting, PE backed, market leading financial services business in Central Reading.
- Responsible for the month end closing process for the Group, ensuring that all Business Lines are on track.
- Manage, lead, and inspire a small team.
- Consolidate and lead the monthly Group Reporting submissions using our HFM tool. Including any follow up analysis or queries.
- IFRS 9 oversight for the Group, including expected credit losses (ECL) and effective interest rates (EIR), leading the monthly review and sign off process.
- Review and signoff of any central monthly reconciliations such as Group bank accounts, share based payments, capex, SPV accounts, IFRS16.
- Ensure integrity of financial controls.
- Ensure procedures and policies and processes for reporting are fully documented.
- Provide any supplementary financial information or analysis to other finance teams such as FP&A, Central FBP and CFO.
- Consolidation and production of the annual and interim consolidated statutory accounts, and the individual entity accounts.
- Provide technical accounting advice to the wider finance team as required, by being a subject matter expert for statutory IFRS reporting, ensuring consistency across the group.
- Assist and provide external auditors with supporting documents/schedules.
- Deputies at the required governance meetings such as the Audit Committee.
- Be a champion of continuous improvement by being the driving force of process automation
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- Confident, proactive self-starter with experience working in similar business partnering roles
- Commercial and analytically focused in order to deliver high quality support to the Business
- Comfortable evaluating business performance in both a strategic and commercial context
- Ability to influence and persuade across all levels of seniority within Finance and the Business
- Experience of working in financial services or similar industries, particularly Asset Finance would be useful but not essential
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills essential, SQL and Tableau desirable
60,000 - 70,000
30 days holiday