25 days ago
External Audit Managers - Insurance
Our Insurance Audit practice is market leading with an extensive portfolio of flagship clients across all areas of the market - Life, Non-Life, London Markets and Broking. Our team of 350 experts deliver audit services to our clients from offices across the UK. This provides our staff with a varied experience and great opportunities to learn and develop.
Joining Insurance Audit will give you the opportunity to work on both large and smaller audits. There is a broad range of client roles to align to your interest or give you a new challenge. Understanding our clients’ businesses and the risks they face is at the heart of what we do and is of utmost importance in upholding the highest levels of audit quality.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager in Insurance, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Pursuing opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone
- Acting to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty
- Coaching others and encouraging them to take ownership of their development
- Analysing complex ideas or proposals and building a range of meaningful recommendations
- Using multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations
- Addressing substandard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations
- Developing a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients
- Managing a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focusing on building trusted relationships
- Upholding the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
- CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent) or
equivalent work experience in Audit (international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience)
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required
Role closing date: 29th October 2020