20 days ago
Banking and Capital Markets (B&CM) Audit is the market leading banking audit practice, with an extensive portfolio of flagship clients ranging from global banks through to brokers, challenger banks and FinTechs. Our team of 650 experts, deliver audit services to our clients from offices across the UK.
Joining B&CM will give you the opportunity to work on both large and smaller audits. There is a broad range of client roles to align to your interest or give you a new challenge. Understanding our clients’ businesses and the risks they face is at the heart of what we do and is of utmost importance in upholding the highest levels of audit quality.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager in Banking & Capital Markets, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Taking action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all
- Establishing the root causes of issues and tackling them, rather than just the symptoms
- Initiating open and honest coaching conversations at all levels
- Moving easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail
- Anticipating stakeholder needs, and developing and discussing potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required
- Developing specialised expertise in one or more areas
- Advising stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area
- Navigating the complexities of global teams and engagements
- Building trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation
- Upholding the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
Essential Skills and Experience
- CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent) or
equivalent work experience in Audit (international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience)
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required