External Audit Senior Manager
|Job Title:||External Audit Senior Manager|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2021 18:35|
Within London Audit, you'll have the opportunity to work across a diverse portfolio of clients, from owner managed businesses, private equity backed companies, up to large multinational and listed groups. We work with well known clients across a broad range of industries including entertainment and media, pharmaceuticals, technology and communications, energy, utilities and mining, retail, hospitality and leisure, business services, construction and real estate. We also work across the third sector, spanning a number of government and public sector clients and charities. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on global projects, collaborating with PwC colleagues and clients all over the world.
Our team helps organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven’t. You’ll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client’s information.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager in Audit, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent) or equivalent work experience in Audit (international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience)
- Experience operating at Senior Manager level in a similar environment
- Experience of working on IFRS engagements as well as UK GAAP (experience of other accounting frameworks an advantage)
- Proven ability to lead audit engagements from planning to completing on a diverse range of assignments
- A proven ability to project manage multiple engagements and monitor engagement budgets and financial performance
- Ability to spot opportunities to add value to clients and work with colleagues in other lines of service to help clients find solutions to the challenges they face
- Be able to work flexibly in relation to locations and alongside flexible working colleagues
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards and/or US GAAP would be an advantage
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's