6 days ago
Within London Audit, you'll have the opportunity to work across a diverse portfolio of clients, from owner managed businesses, private equity backed companies, up to large multinational and listed groups. We work with well known clients across a broad range of industries including entertainment and media, pharmaceuticals, technology and communications, energy, utilities and mining, retail, hospitality and leisure, business services, construction and real estate. We also work across the third sector, spanning a number of government and public sector clients and charities. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on global projects, collaborating with PwC colleagues and clients all over the world.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Being a key contact throughout the year to our clients which range from FTSE listed businesses to owner managed businesses in the infancy of their life cycle.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- CA/ACA/ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent) or
equivalent work experience in Audit (international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience)
- Experience of working on IFRS engagements as well as UK GAAP (experience of other accounting frameworks an advantage)
- Proven ability to lead audit engagements from planning to completing on a diverse range of assignments
- Strong analytical skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Experience of developing teams through coaching
- Strong project management and organisational skill.
- An ability to innovate and add value to clients and projects
- A proven ability to manage and monitor engagement budgets and financial performance