about 2 hours ago
Audit Managers - Manchester
The passion of our people, combined with access to the latest technology, helps us deliver the highest quality audits and build trust in society. We pride ourselves on our global reputation as a trusted place to do business, whilst giving our people access to the best opportunities and lots of variety through your home team, internal secondments and international assignments.
You’ll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client’s information.
You'll have the opportunity to work across our large and exciting client base, which includes large multinational listed and internationally-headquartered businesses; entrepreneurial and family-owned firms; early-stage and fast-growth entities; companies operating in life sciences and cleantech and world-leading public, educational and not for profit organisations.
As an Audit Manager you'll play a vital role in the delivery of high-quality audits to our clients. Your role will include:
- Overseeing a portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for the day-to-day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients and understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
- Reporting directly to the Assurance Partner and Director and having a number of direct team members report to you.
- Responsibility for the coaching and career development of the team members reporting directly to you.
- Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met.
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
- Being a key contact throughout the year for our clients, who range from FTSE-listed businesses through to owner-managed businesses in the infancy of their life cycle.
- Build strong relationships with other specialist teams within PwC to ensure that a full service offering can be provided to our clients. • Actively taking part in office-wide initiatives and teams, contributing to a strong overall team morale.
Skills and Experience required
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
- CA/ ACA/ ACCA/ ICAS qualified (or international equivalent) or
equivalent work experience in Audit (international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience)
- Experience in auditing large organisations
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing
- Teamworking skills
- A proven track record of establishing client relationships
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- A desire for continuous improvement
- Highly developed listening and questioning techniques
- An ability to work to tight timelines and manage well under pressure
- Experience of coaching, supervising and managing staff members
Role Closing Date: 27th of October, 2020