Senior Associates - Stakeholder Assurance - AWM
|Job Title:||Senior Associates - Stakeholder Assurance - AWM|
|Location:||Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, London|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2019 19:50|
Our team helps business leaders gain a competitive advantage by establishing reliable systems and processes when working with third parties. Simply put, you’ll focus on providing an independent perspective on how a company is responding to risks helping enhance transparency between our clients and their stakeholders and building confidence around key dependencies.
PwC's Stakeholder Assurance team provides services related to enhancing the trust and transparency within non-financial reporting, as well as providing adhoc assurance services in similar areas including Governance, Risk and Control and Internal Audit.
This role will see you working on a variety of challenging, career-advancing risk, controls and non-audit assurance assignments. You will work exclusively in the asset and wealth management industry, with a wide range of asset and wealth management clients, from boutique UK based asset managers to global organisations. You’ll be constantly learning and your ideas will be welcomed in an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork. In your role you will delivering engagements, as well as helping to grow the business, whilst working with the management team to supervise and coach teams.
To be successful, our team has to have an understanding of an organisation’s objectives, risks, risk management priorities, regulatory environment, and the diverse needs of critical stakeholders. In particular, the ability to gain a detailed understanding of our client’s customer requirements and apply this to non-financial assurance standards.
We bring the right mix of assurance experience, industry-specific knowledge and technical specialised skill sets to bear on our clients risk and control, compliance and reporting functions. Our approach provides flexibility with the right knowledge to deliver relevant and focused results. We provide a full range of assurance services which include pre-assurance ‘readiness’ assessments, and reporting and assurance in relation to standards including ISAE3000, ISAE3402, AAF, AT-C 205/SSAE 18 and SOC2, as well as a ranger of other ad hoc assignments over data and processes and of a more consultative nature.
Trust and transparency, alongside the corresponding risk, governance and internal control, have never been higher on the boardroom agenda in the asset and wealth management industry, as it faces growing pressure from stakeholders. Our Trust and Transparency Team plays a critical role in the corporate governance framework by providing independent assurance that protects the business against risk, informs strategic decision making and improves overall performance.
- Understanding complex client processes to provide advice and help develop non-audit assurance solutions to meet client needs and issues.
- Planning and delivering non-financial assurance assignments and other similar reviews of a diverse range of governance, risk, regulatory, operational and financial activities, within set deadlines.
- Building effective working relationships with clients, including managing expectations of client stakeholders across a number of different business areas including front, middle and back office.
- Managing project teams to deliver end to end engagement, including solutions including scoping, testing, and reporting.
- Taking a role in leading and coaching junior staff.
- Building a network of industry contacts through attending external industry events and PwC hosted events.
- Conducting work in accordance with the relevant standard and PWC’s Quality Assurance standards.
- Developing and supporting new opportunities and propositions.
- Some opportunities to get involved in responsible investment related assurance services over processes, controls and data.
- Some opportunities to get involved in regulatory assurance work with clients to help them report with confidence to stakeholders on their compliance
- Knowledge and experience of designing and testing internal controls, ideally gained within the asset and wealth management sector, however candidates with experience gained in other industries will be considered;
- Experience of planning and delivering complex non-financial assurance engagements, and reviewing and directing controls testing plans.
- Knowledge and experience of some or all the following assurance standards ISAE3000, ISAE 3402, AAF 01/06, AT-C 205 / SSAE 18, and SOC2.
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Strong client handling and relationship management skills
- Ability to challenge and escalate issues effectively
- Ability to delegate tasks to more junior members of staff providing supervision and coaching
- Ability to lead and work effectively in different teams for varying periods of time, building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels.
- Your audit skills will be matched by an ability to create new initiatives, respond to change and be flexible in your approach to meeting team goals.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Brighton, East Sussex
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£25000 - £30000 per annum
25 days holiday + flexible hours
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£34000 - £40000.00 per annum + 25 days hol + TOIL