Transaction Services - Manager - Software Model Developer
|Job Title:||Transaction Services - Manager - Software Model Developer|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2019 19:13|
Who we're looking for
Are you a software or model developer? Are you interested in valuation of financial derivatives? We have an excellent opportunity for you to join our Market Value Direct team - our firm's financial instruments valuation team which sits within the Transaction Services business.
About the roleWe provide financial instrument valuation services internally as well as dealing directly with clients. Our MVD team values instruments from liquid traded shares and bonds through to complex derivatives along with the related valuation adjustments. The team also engages in Model design, implementation, documentation, validation and validation review activities. The London team is the hub for our firm’s Central Cluster.
You will be a Senior Associate/Manager within the London based team but working with other offices in the UK and elsewhere in the central cluster. The role will offer the opportunity to work in a fast paced business alongside a team which has grown significantly over the past 12 months and is forecast to continue to grow, both in size and new areas of work.
• Provide support in testing clients financial instrument valuations by independent re-valuation, across a wide range of instrument types
• Maintenance and extension of an existing codebase, written primarily in Python with .Net components which maps/transforms trade static data between various formats XML, JSON, CSV, Excel, etc.
• Extend internal model base and/or help the team on-board third party provided models
• Participating in discussions to help drive software architecture/design
• Assist the team in banking model services proposition (design, implementation, validation and model risk)
• Assist in areas of business development, practice development and strategy – due to the high growth nature of Market Value Direct this will be a key component of the role
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail but tempered with an ability to think laterally
• Excellent communication skills - ability to present complex issues in a clear and articulate way, often to a non-technical audience
• Ability to multi-task across multiple assignments, prioritised workloads and work under time constraints
• Ability and willingness to coach and manage junior members of staff, including staff in offshore locations
• Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative
• Flexible and a team player
• Numerate and fluent in English language skills
• Ability to deliver high quality written work
• Be able to deal with all levels of staff in a straightforward and professional manner
• Able to establish, build and maintain a good working relationships
Key skills, qualifications and experience required
• At least a 2.1 Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics or an allied field
• Proven working knowledge and experience of software development in industry or academia
• Good working knowledge of Python
• Familiarity with source control (ideally git)
• Understanding of financial instruments valuation or a strong desire to learn
• Well-organised and able to prioritise workload
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative Desirable but not mandatory qualifications/experience
• Theoretical understanding and hands on experience in developing mathematical models Our Market Value Direct team is part of the Valuations practice.
• Opportunity for working from home
• Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Sporadic short trips)
• Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes)
• Amount of time PwC office based (80%)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's