Assurance - Internal Audit Senior Associates Bristol
|Job Title:||Assurance - Internal Audit Senior Associates Bristol|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2019 16:31|
About the team
Although joining one of our regional offices, you will also be a member of our national internal audit practice which leads the way in championing the Internal Audit Profession. Here are the types of work we do
- Assisting clients to develop and deliver their annual audit plan - working as an out-sourced function or as partners to in-house teams;
- Planning, delivery and reporting of internal audit reviews across a range of clients - focussing on the risks that matter to provide insight and guidance on risk management, governance and controls;
- Delivering training to Internal Audit teams on a variety of relevant topics, including emerging Internal Audit methodology, regulatory themes and industry issues
- Providing advice to clients on developing Internal Audit strategies so that teams are relevant, cost effective and risk focused
- Working on secondment in key Internal Audit roles, from subject matter experts to Head of Internal Audit or audit manager positions
- Performing effectiveness reviews of Internal Audit functions, including gap analyses against best practice and benchmarking against industry peers
We are looking for Senior Associates to join our Internal Audit team. You will have developed core skills in a number of disciplines such as internal audit, risk evaluation and project governance. You will be enthusiastic about internal audit and credible when working in different sectors and working at all levels of client businesses. You will be flexible and committed to excellent service.
As a Senior Associate you will be responsible for the delivery of work to several of our clients. Your responsibilities will include
- Delivering Internal reviews as part of the annual audit plan - these will cover a range of disciplines and may involve working alongside subject matter experts
- Supervising work of junior staff members
- Managing day to day client relationships
- Project management of all aspects of delivery - including financial management, resourcing and reporting
- Support to the leadership team in championing the profession in the local market place and engaging in local and national team initiatives
- Experience in auditing financial and operational controls within a wide range of business processes
- Experience in evaluating and performing risk assessments at a task and organisation level
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients, as well as drafting the related sections of formal reports
- The ability to work effectively in different teams for varying periods of time building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels
- Experienced in supervising and developing junior staff
- Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the wider team.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Commitment to ongoing personal development
- The ability to contribute and create new initiatives and be responsive to change.
- An Accountancy or Internal Audit qualification.
- An aptitude for learning about new sectors and risks.
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Role closing date: 27th of June, 2019
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£40000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
Cyber & IT Audit Manager
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Senior Technology Auditor
£38000.00 - £46000.00 per annum
R&D Tax Senior Manager