Manager Forensics IT Asset Management Services
|Job Title:||Manager Forensics IT Asset Management Services|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2019 18:43|
Our team uses a combination of sophisticated tools and rigorous analysis to help our clients preserve and manage their electronic assess for use in forensic enquiries and dispute resolutions. As part of the team, you’ll audit software assets, conduct software asset management reviews to improve management of business risks, and take control, operate, and gradually dispose of the Information Technology systems and infrastructure for insolvent companies.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
About the role
As a Manager working within the IT Asset Management practice you will be challenged to organise, coach, motivate and develop a team of Analysts and Senior Associates in managing and delivering large-scale Software Asset Management projects.
You will have experience of building strong relationships with clients, scoping projects, identifying risks, providing cost estimates and managing the delivery of projects within defined budgets. You will regularly report to Directors and clients, providing clear and concise details of progress and findings. You will act as a subject matter expert in your field and you will contribute towards the general business development and growth of the business unit. Specific points of responsibility include
- Responsibility for scoping and budgeting of new projects;
- Managing the delivery of ITAM/SAM projects within planned costs and budgets, providing the team with direction, oversight and support;
- Regular stakeholder engagement with clients in relation to project management and delivery and also identification of possible on-sell opportunities;
- Direct involvement in the delivery of ITAM/SAM projects, often working with SAM technologies;
- Define and manage Best Practice solutions around software purchasing, management, deployment infrastructure and/or process management to mitigate client’s corporate risk;
- Working with stakeholders internally within PwC to identify and manage Business Development opportunities;
- Thought leadership around ITAM/SAM - acting as an ‘SME’ of Best Practice strategies and solutions; and
- Speaking at events, social media, driving the creation of marketing and sales material and identifying new business opportunities.
In a fast growing and agile team, you will have an exciting opportunity to support the growth of our practice in a practical way and will be responsible for liaison with global PwC license compliance teams, together with global software vendor teams.
Essential skills and experience
- Strong and proven record of project and programme management;
- Team leadership experience, with a focus on prioritising, directing and quality reviewing, the detailed fieldwork of team members;
- Stakeholder engagement experience, focusing on the engagement between PwC and our clients;
- Technical expertise with regard to understanding software deployment, management, licensing and contracts;
- Knowledge of license models for a number of major software publishers;
- Knowledge of ITAM / SAM tools such as Flexera, Snow, Tivoli, Aspera etc..
- Excellent Communication skills (Verbal, Written and Presentation) which would be expected in working with PwC clients;
- Impeccable analytical skills using Excel or other software tools; and
- Previous evidence of Thought Leadership and Business Development experience is highly desirable
Who we’re looking for
In order to achieve our growth plans, we are looking to recruit an experienced Manager.
Your skills should include
- Considerable experience in a SAM/ITAM related role – ideally with a least 2 year experience in people management;
- Ability to work at a strategic level in defining ‘Best Practice’ Strategies and methodologies around ITAM/SAM;
- Experience in analysing Software Contracts, Entitlements and Licensing metrics for a number of software publishers;
- Experience conducting managing software audits, reconciliations or Software License advisory work for at least one major software vendor
- Exceptional analytical and good technical aptitude
- High level of enthusiasm, energy and personal integrity;
- Strong desire to learn and willingness to share knowledge;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, but integrate well into teams;
- Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines;
- Strong client engagement and relationship building; and
- Concise and clear communication when presenting and explaining results and findings.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's