Senior Associate London Regions Tax
|Job Title:||Senior Associate London Regions Tax|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||May 04, 2019 12:40|
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You’ll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
About the team
This is a great opportunity to gain a varied and hands on experience, working across an exciting mix of large corporate clients including inbound and UK listed groups.
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our Corporate Tax team in Embankment Place. As a Senior Associate in this role, you will manage a varied portfolio of clients, establishing effective working relationships and offering proactive and quality advice to clients.
About the role
Your main focus will be on providing tax advice to clients, with an opportunity to get involved in audit of tax and tax accounting assistance, tax structuring, international tax services, transfer pricing and project based work. You will also contribute to coaching for junior members of our own team and new business development, all while building your own personal network.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to
● Proactively managing a portfolio of clients and generally working to Managers and above.
● Establish effective working relationships with appropriate levels of client staff.
● Be proactively involved in the financial management of clients.
● Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge.
● Build your own network of contacts through regular attendance at internal and external meetings.
● Keep up-to-date with changes in law and in the firm's products and services.
● Keep up-to-date with local and national business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and /or their industry.
● Some travel and occasional overnight stays will be expected.
Essential skills and experience
Alongside a strong academic background, you will have a ACA/CTA (or similar) qualification.
● Relevant experience, gained in an accountancy or legal firm
● Up-to-date UK Corporate Tax experience with a particular focus on large corporates, especially Inbound and listed companies.
● Risk aware and familiar with the firm’s risk management processes
● Excellent team, organisational and communication skills
● Plenty of self-motivation
● The ability to work to tight deadlines effectively.
● Experience of Audit of Tax (AURA) and Tax Reporting and Strategy
● Some recent experience in any of the following areas; transfer pricing, international tax, mergers & acquisitions desirable.
Who we are looking for
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.