4 days ago
Audit Transformation (AT) continues to play an increasingly critical role in evolving how we deliver our external audit services, in response to both internal and external opportunities and challenges, in order to:
- Continue to enhance the quality of the work we do;
- Lower the cost of delivery; and
- Evolve the working experience of our partners and staff.
To help drive transformation efforts, and better support our business through this transformation, AT is seeking Senior Managers to support the following priority areas:
- Methodology: Simplify the execution of our methodology, and how we implement methodology changes
- Audit delivery model: Review how we deliver our audits, aligned to quality, commercial and people objectives
- Breaking the Audit Cycle: Continuing to evolve and improve how we plan, structure and deliver our audits
- Digital: Accelerate the digitisation of what we do, and how we do it.
These priorities impact or are dependent upon the breadth of our audit business, and as such we seek individuals who have, or are looking to build, a range of different transferable skill sets or experiences. Including, for example:
- Audit technical
- Risk and quality
- Change management / business implementation
- Digital / Data
- Project management
The chosen individuals will have the opportunity to:
- Reporting into the Head of Audit, be at the forefront of a significant priority within our Audit strategy;
- Gain exposure to senior leadership within Audit;
- Utilise existing skill-sets and build transferrable new ones, beyond those typically available as part of front-line audit delivery teams;
- Work with a diverse range of individuals, with different specialisms and expertise;
- Develop new and broaden existing networks across the UK firm; and
- Work flexibly from their base location anywhere in the UK.
Within Audit Transformation you will:
- Work with the business and key stakeholders to shape AT strategy and priorities, ensuring it is scalable, sustainable, and meets new and evolving business opportunities and challenges;
- Lead a team to deliver individual transformation projects;
- Use and build your analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and strategic thinking to identify opportunities, take ownership and propose solutions ‘from a blank piece of paper’;
- Respond in an agile way to new and changing business priorities, thriving in an environment where no day looks or feels the same;
- Build unparalleled networks, across the UK and Global Audit business and supporting functions, and utilise these networks effectively;
- Build outstanding influencing skills, to gain consensus and drive implementation efforts for change proposals;
- Build and utilise outstanding project management skills, to drive and manage change in a fast paced and dynamic environment;
- Enhance your problem solving capabilities, to identify and solve complex business problems;
- Drive and support business implementation and change management efforts;
- Work on individual audit engagements, if required, to support contingent resource requirements in our DDM at busier times of the year.
Successful candidates will have / be:
- Proven ability to lead a high performing team;
- Dynamic and agile, able to respond seamlessly to shifting priorities;
- The ability to work under pressure, in challenging timeframes and with conflicting and evolving priorities;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including when working in a more virtual working environment;
- The ability to think differently and creatively, and innovate with new solutions that challenges historical ways of working;
- A deep understanding of how an audit works, and is delivered within PwC, and the ability to effectively manage risk and realise potential benefits within that construct;
- Excellent organisational / project management skills;
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on quality;
- An interest in supporting and driving organisation change, and utilising and/or building new skills to drive transformational change in our business;
Desirable but not essential in all circumstances:
- ACA / ACCA qualification; and/or
- Strong knowledge of PwC Audit methodology and processes; and/or
- Recent audit delivery experience.
- This role offers the potential for flexible working. It is expected, at most, only very minimal travel.