6 days ago
A career in our Microsoft Cyber Security Practice, within Cyber Security and Privacy services, will provide you with the
opportunity to help our clients implement an effective cyber security programme that protects against threats, propels
transformation, and drives growth, all based on the next-generation Microsoft security platform.
In joining, you'll be a part of a team that helps organisations design and create sustainable security architecture utilising
Microsoft cyber security platform.
We are enjoying unprecedented nation-wide and international growth in client demand, and we are now seeking to make several important hires in to key leadership roles in our practice. We are looking to recruit several individuals to join our Microsoft Cyber Security Practice to assist our clients in their adoption and use of Microsoft security products and to build our delivery capability in this area.
The role of the Microsoft Security Architect is responsible for leading the development of information security architecture and ensuring technology initiatives are implemented within the framework to make our client’s environments more
secure. The role will involve defining the approach for securing enterprise information by identifying network and application security requirements, planning, implementing and testing security controls and procedures. The role of the Microsoft Security Architect is to be client facing and to play an active role in transforming our client’s security through designing and implementing Microsoft security technologies on-premise and in the cloud.
You will also be responsible for building the Microsoft Cyber Security Practice through a variety of business development activities including the development of IP and propositions based on the Microsoft security platform, upskilling more junior team members and leading client pitches and proposals.
● Meeting and working closely with our clients to identify and mitigate risks, perform security reviews, design top tier
security practices, and deliver strategic, innovative security offerings based on Microsoft security technology.
● Propose, design, plan and execute strategic and tactical operational security objectives
● Identify appropriate Microsoft technology / data sources and drive the collection of data necessary to effectively
● Analysing threats and current security controls to identify gaps in current defensive posture
● Managing and delivering cyber security and cyber risk assignments, including producing documentation and reports,
and quality assuring the work produced by junior team members
● Working as a Microsoft subject matter expert to support a team, and / or managing a larger team in delivering
engagements at scale
● Maintaining cyber security and risk knowledge and certifications, sharing this knowledge with junior team members
● Maintaining awareness of key business and industry trends and understanding how they impact responses to cyber
● Championing the delivery of the highest quality services to PwC’s clients, and actively managing and mentoring junior
team members to do the same, while managing the risks to the firm
Business and Practice Development:
● Building client relationships and establishing credibility by demonstrating knowledge of various aspects of Microsoft’s
cyber security platform and identify opportunities where PwC can assist
● Supporting senior members of the team in developing client proposals and solution offerings
● Contributing to the financial and operational management of the practice
● Driving the development of toolkits, methodologies and accelerators based on the Microsoft security platform
● Providing thought leadership and direction for the Microsoft Cyber Security Practice
● Helping recruit, retain and develop other Microsoft Cyber Security Practice members
Qualifications & Experience
We are looking for exceptional individuals who can provide our clients with trusted advice, rooted in a pragmatic understanding of their business situation and objectives and how the Microsoft security platform can help to address these.
Our Microsoft Cyber Security Practice will help clients effect substantial and complex business change, and experience of assuring or enabling change at scale is essential.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation across the Microsoft technology stack and Azure security offerings and the
ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to key stakeholders along with experience with the following:
● Excellent communication skills – both oral (for interviews/meetings, presentations) and written (for designing and
writing engaging reports which communicate findings succinctly and clearly convey the message in a way which is
appropriate for the audience, and rooted in the client’s needs)
● Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft security technologies and strategy such as:
o Enterprise Mobility and Security Suite (EM+S), Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), Azure Information
Protection (AIP) and Intune
o Azure Key Vault, Azure Security Center, Azure Operations Management Service, Log Analytics
o Identity and Access Management principals, including B2B and B2C cloud design and implementation
● Program management skills and solution support for security transformation/implementation programs
● Business case development skills for justifying, prioritizing & forecasting the funding requirements for security
programs and initiatives
● Architecture and security management
● Strong understanding of security best practices
● Securing network and enterprise cloud applications
● Market understanding of industry trends for cybersecurity, risk & threat intelligence, and governance
● Proven implementation of cloud security models, particularly identity, network, and encryption
● CISSP, CISM, Microsoft Mobility MCP Exam 98-368, or other relevant certifications
● Experience in risk & regulatory frameworks and standards such as NIST 800, ISO 27001, ISF SOGP, PCI-DSS,
● Experience of business development or sales, including leading bid teams, and experience of writing winning
proposals and RFP responses
● Knowledge of host hardening, auditing, logging and monitoring, network security, SEIM deployments, security
analytics, anomaly detections, PKI