8 days ago
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We are seeking a qualified pensions actuary to join the team in Scotland.
The pensions team works as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing specialist advice predominantly to sponsoring employers of occupational pension schemes covering all aspects of advice relating to occupational pensions for both defined benefit and defined contribution structures.
The work is varied and project based ranging helping companies set their long-term pensions strategy, risk transfer projects, liability management exercises, assistance with scheme funding negotiations, reviews and preparation of accounting disclosures, asset backed contribution strategies and pensions corporate transaction support. The ideal candidate will have experience of some of these exercises and of mentoring junior colleagues.
The team are based in Edinburgh but support clients throughout the country/Network. There is a possibility of some travel if attending client meetings.
Our pensions team will provide you with an opportunity to broaden your experience in all the areas of work mentioned as well as help your development into the manager role in projects.
Use your pensions knowledge within a commercial context
Use the technical skills you have and build on them with commercial knowledge and project experience within a challenging environment
Use and develop technology to enhance our client offerings
Be actively involved in Business Development activities to help identify and research opportunities
Take on a wide-ranging portfolio of work while developing client exposure and business skills
Train, coach and supervise staff
Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
Work with senior staff to develop client deliverables
Advise businesses as part of a multi-disciplinary team, including other professionals such as Tax, Accounting, HR, wider employee reward and Corporate Finance
Work with senior staff to develop new client services in the areas of pension scheme funding and liability management
Be flexible and have the ability to multitask effectively
Essential skills and experience
Be a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
Strong technical skills
Understanding of the pension framework in the UK and the issues facing employers
Background in pensions consulting and ideally some exposure to corporate consulting
An interest in developing their skills as a more rounded corporate consultant with a commercial approach
Able to converse easily with colleagues and clients and keen to develop their client facing consulting skills
Appreciation of employee benefit / HR issues wider than pensions
Motivation to develop themselves and help the development of others