11 days ago
Digital Audit is a specialist team within our Audit practice that combines a mix of technology, data, business and accounting expertise to digitally audit clients across all industries. We’re constantly investing in audit technology and the skills of our people to keep up with rapid pace of change and to deliver trust that is deeper, broader and more forward looking.
What you’ll do
In Digital Audit you'll have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients, industries and technologies. You will focus on enabling audit teams to understand financial data flows and the supporting IT systems and controls.
You’ll need to be a people person, tenacious and resilient. You’ll need to be able to flex your style and the level of detail you discuss with different audiences in IT and finance, as for example you’ll have exposure to a range of contacts such as heads of IT or finance controllers and directors to understand the financial data flows and test IT systems and controls. You’ll be checking IT systems to ensure they are appropriately controlled by management and to check that data produced is accurate, highlighting and questioning any differences. It's investigative work where you’ll regularly speak with clients, using in-person meetings or leading-edge collaborative technology. You’ll be part of a variety of teams, taking real responsibility for the work you do.
Above all, your work is client focused, which can mean travelling to client sites and will involve working to deadlines. This often requires working longer hours to meet the needs of the client. It’s hard work but rewarding.
Working with our prestigious clients, you’ll develop the business skills, knowledge and relationships you need to do well in a career that’s about so much more than numbers. You’ll go beyond the obvious and develop real insights into a client’s markets, technology, people and management, as well as its finances.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Training, coaching and leading junior staff
- Establishing effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contributing to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keeping up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continuing to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
- University degree
- Experience in evaluating technology that supports financial & operational application systems and related business processes
- Experience in auditing IT systems
- Experience in managing junior colleagues and an interest in developing others
- Experience in working in complex environments with large organisations
- Strong time management skills, including flexibility to work with shifting priorities and client needs
- Project management and analytical skills
- Client relationship-building and management skills
- Strong verbal, presentation and report writing skills
- Leadership qualities
Preferable experience and qualifications:
- CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)
- Or part Qualified and working towards your full CA / ACA / ACCA / ICAS (or equivalent) qualification
- Or have equivalent work experience in Audit (you’re an international candidate who technically qualifies in your home country by experience)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification, or equivalent;
- Specialist system experience (i.e. SAP, Oracle, SQL, Python).
- Industry experience is preferable (e.g. Banking and Capital Markets or Retail)