8 days ago
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
PwC are the market leaders in global tax compliance services, providing enterprise software solutions and services to many of the world’s largest organisations.
PwC’s Indirect Tax Edge application and the Data Ignition software framework are sophisticated technical solutions that employ the latest cloud approaches and software stacks to provide enterprise data analytics at global scale to large organisations.
In this context you will have the opportunity to work in a distributed agile team and help design, implement and rollout functionality for our products to our global deployments.
Our team is agile and open to new ways of working. Together, we produce technical excellence, innovative solutions and an outstanding client experience.
We are recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer to join our global product design and development teams to deliver next-generation continuous monitoring data analytics and compliance reporting for enterprise clients. The successful candidate will be based in London, delivering to a global client base of large enterprises.
You will work in a software engineering focused technology team joining our growing product development team working on the latest full-stack and end-to-end technologies for real-time data analytics for the enterprise. You will contribute to the evolution of our technology platform to solve real-world problems for real clients all over the globe.
As a Senior Software Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
Architecture, Requirements Analysis, High Level Design, Implementation, Testing, Deployment and Operational concerns across the end to end software development lifecycle
Build general breadth and depth of expertise across the full technology stack and across the scope of the application domain.
Drive the evolution of the product’s functionality and architecture for performance, scalability, efficiency and robustness.
Provide technical leadership and management of other Software Developers within our virtual team.
Guide PwC UK’s EU deployment and support teams
Contribute to the evolution of our technology platform to solve real-world problems for real clients all over the globe
Essential skills and experience
Coding experience in Java and/or Groovy
Experience working in software development teams
Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
Comfortable wrangling structured and unstructured data files
Good knowledge across the end-to-end software development life cycle
Experience leading and managing teams
XML, JSON, CSV
Search Engines (Lucene, ElasticSearch etc)
Virtualisation / Containerisation
Configuration Management (SVN, GIT, etc)
ETL & Data Visualisation
Maven/Ant/Gradle build tools