12 days ago
Digital Audit is a specialist team within our Audit practice that combines a mix of technology, data, business and accounting expertise to digitally audit clients across all industries. We’re constantly investing in audit technology and the skills of our people to keep up with rapid pace of change and to deliver trust that is deeper, broader and more forward looking.
In Audit you'll spend time working on the financial side of the audit, and focussing on the IT systems and controls. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients, industries and technologies.
You’ll need to be a people person, tenacious and resilient. You’ll have exposure to contacts such as financial controllers, heads of IT or finance directors to understand and test IT systems and controls. You’ll be checking IT systems to ensure they are appropriately controlled by management and to check that data produced is accurate, highlighting and questioning any differences. It's investigative work where you’ll regularly speak with clients, using in-person meetings or leading-edge collaborative technology. You’ll be part of a variety of teams, taking real responsibility for the work you do.
Above all, your work is client focused, which can mean travelling to client sites and will involve working to deadlines.
Working with our prestigious client list you’ll develop the business skills, knowledge and relationships you need to do well in a career that’s about so much more than numbers. You’ll go beyond the obvious and develop real insights into a client’s markets, technology, people and management, as well as its finances.
As a Senior Manager in Digital Audit, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, leading solutions on complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Directors and Partners
- Training, coaching and leading junior staff
- Establishing effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contributing to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keeping up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continuing to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Taking action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all
- Establishing the root causes of issues and tackling them, rather than just the symptoms
- Initiating open and honest coaching conversations at all levels
- Moving easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail
- Anticipating stakeholder needs, and developing and discussing potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required
- Developing specialised expertise in one or more areas
- Advising stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area
- Navigating the complexities of global teams and engagements
- Building trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation
- Upholding the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
Preferable experience and qualifications
- CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)
- Or part Qualified and working towards your full CA / ACA / ACCA / ICAS (or equivalent) qualification
- Or have equivalent work experience in Audit (you’re an international candidate who technically qualifies in your home country by experience)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification, or equivalent;
- Specialist system experience (i.e. SAP, Oracle, SQL, Python).
- Industry experience is preferable (e.g. Banking and Capital Markets or Retail)