4 days ago
A career within Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for complex financial reporting issues around deals and other transformational events. You’ll tackle client’s needs with a solution oriented approach that creatively addresses complex financial reporting problems for high profile transactions and you’ll have significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers.
About the team:
CMAS advises companies through periods of change, whether this involves an important deal – IPO, acquisition or divestment - changes in the corporate structure, or a period of accounting change.
We are currently recruiting people to join CMAS, predominantly to work on deals. These deals might include IPOs, mergers, acquisitions and divestments. CMAS is the market leader in providing assurance on these deals, working on many high profile transactions. We provide services that our clients and their other advisers depend on.
Our strategy is to develop our Channel 2 offering and as a result we are looking for people with the interpersonal skills needed to develop trusted relationships with clients and work alongside them to help solve their issues.
Variety - An impressive list of high profile clients across a range of industries, working with people at a senior and strategic level and x-Los PwC teams, as well as other advisers to your clients. A range of interesting projects and the ability to get involved in all the types of work that CMAS delivers.
Opportunity - To deepen your existing commercial and technical knowledge by helping clients through deals, reviewing and reporting on their businesses and plans, and helping them prepare important financial information that they need to complete their deals. This requires a range of practical, commercial and advisory skills in addition to strong technical foundations.
Business development – A key component of the role will involve supporting and driving the growth of the business, through involvement in targeting opportunities, building internal / external networks and identifying opportunities to help your clients.
Support - We are a supportive and cooperative team, and are committed to helping our people develop. We empower and trust our people to work independently but with coaching and guidance as needed. You will have regular direct access to senior PwC people as well as an experienced team of specialists.
- Opportunity for working from home? Yes (limited)
- Amount of time client based 60% - some of which may be overseas.
- Opportunity for job sharing? No
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home. Yes – some of which may be overseas.
- Opportunity for flexible working? Yes
- Amount of time PwC office based. Varies depending on the work.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant.
- Audit or advisory experience.
- Experience of building internal and external networks, and developing client relationships.
- Passion for targeting and pursuing work in a competitive environment.
- Commitment to completing tasks and working to fluctuating deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data, draw conclusions and use these to solve problems.
- Experience of providing clients with advice and support on practical business issues.
- Strong oral communication and written communication/report writing skills.
- Good project management skills.
- An ability and desire to learn new skills working in unfamiliar industries/environments.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with internal and external stakeholder groups.