12 days ago
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
As part of our team you will receive:
Variety - an impressive list of high profile clients across a range of industries, working with people at a senior and strategic level and X-LoS PwC teams, as well as other advisers to your clients. A range of interesting projects and the ability to get involved in all the types of work that CMAS delivers
Opportunity - to deepen your existing commercial and technical knowledge by helping clients through deals, reviewing and reporting on their businesses and plans, and helping them prepare important financial information that they need to complete their deals or to improve their Treasury and Commodity practices. This requires a range of practical, financial, commercial and advisory skills in addition to strong technical foundations
Business Development – a key component of the role will involve supporting and driving the growth of the business, through involvement in targeting opportunities, building internal / external networks and identifying opportunities to help your clients
Support - We are a supportive and collaborative team, and are committed to helping our people develop. We empower and trust our people to work independently but with coaching and guidance as needed. You will have regular direct access to senior PwC people as well as an experienced team of specialists
Essential Skills / Experience
Qualified Chartered Accountant or relevant Treasury or Commodity qualifications
Audit, advisory or hands on treasury or commodity risk management experience
Passion for targeting and pursuing work in a competitive environment.
Commitment to completing tasks and working to fluctuating deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Experience of building internal and external networks and developing client relationships
Ability to analyse large amounts of data, draw conclusions and use these to solve problems
Experience leading large scale projects/programmes
Experience of providing clients with advice and support on practical business issues as well as technical accounting, treasury or commodity matters
Strong oral communication and written communication/report writing skills
Preferred Skills / Experience
Good project management skills.
An ability and desire to learn new skills working in unfamiliar industries/environments.
Ability to successfully collaborate with internal and external stakeholder groups.
Understanding of the full sales cycle and proven track record in taking opportunities through to close.