7 days ago
The Audit line of service (LoS) was formed on 1 July 2019 following the split of the Assurance LoS into Audit and Risk.
The Audit Markets Group, chaired by the Head of Strategy and Public Policy, is responsible for the execution of the market strategy for the Audit LoS. The Markets Group is a sub-committee of the Audit Executive and is made up of the Market Leaders and the National Leader for Stakeholder Assurance.
- The Market Leaders drive the strategy in each of our 3 audit market segments: London & the South East, Regions and Financial Services. The market segments are aligned with the Audit Business Unit structure.
- The National Leader for Stakeholder Assurance is responsible for shaping the evolution and execution of our audit related service offerings, spanning all Business Units.
The Audit Markets Manager role supports the Market Strategy Execution Director and Markets Leader in delivering the Audit Market Strategy. The role includes driving both on-going and specific complex projects, working with the UK Audit business and colleagues across the UK firm and global network to achieve our market aspirations, influencing “what we do” (our Audit propositions) and “who we do it with” (the organisations we audit).
The role offers the individual great insight and exposure to all aspects of a successful and complex business and exposure to senior stakeholders including members of the Audit leadership team.
Overall aim of the role – to support the Market Strategy Execution Director and Markets Leader working across the Audit UK business to enable Audit to achieve the defined Audit Market Strategy.
The role will ensure that knowledge is gained and shared in an efficient and digitally agile way, connections made, and issues identified, escalated and solutions acted upon. The role operates collaboratively with the Sales and Marketing colleagues and the Audit proposals Director.
Activities will include:
- Market analysis: defining current and addressable market segmental analysis spanning listed, private business and international markets considering market share, competitor presence and alignment with defined market aspirations nationally and by BU.
- Sector investigations: investigating sector-specific market opportunities in consideration of risk, independence and other considerations, especially those featured within the Audit Markets strategy.
- Channel preferences: generating Audit input to the firmwide channel preferences programme influencing the design of the on-going tech-enabled dynamic approach.
- Management information: Coordinating input to, and generation of, robust Markets-related MI for use by multiple stakeholders across Audit and the wider firm in making strategic decisions.
- Governance: providing support to develop agendas and prepare materials for key stakeholder meetings including the Audit Markets Group and Markets updates to the Audit Exec.
- Process optimisation: influencing processes, controls and reporting spanning Markets-related matters feeding into inspections (e.g. QMSE) and including interactions with BUs.
- Other: providing support on implementation of projects / workstream initiatives
- Strong understanding of the Audit including the regulatory and independence landscape and how this impacts our firm/clients, ACA qualification, and/or an understanding of how the Audit business is structured and operates, would be beneficial.
- Strong commercial thinking and business acumen with the ability to see the bigger picture and translate strategic thinking into a detailed operational plan.
- Forward thinking, proactive and a pragmatic approach to problem solving - applying logical thinking to explore a range of information and propose practical and robust solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills – has the confidence to challenge and influence senior stakeholders.
- Forensic data analytical skills with the ability to understand the interaction of key business drivers, interpret and make recommendations to improve business performance.
- Robust data manipulation skills (Google sheets/Excel) and some exposure/understanding of Digital Tools (Alteryx/Tableau) would be advantageous.
- Action orientated with an ability to multitask, remain calm under pressure and operate in a growing and changing environment; highly organised completer finisher
- A self-starter with the ability to operate autonomously.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation particularly respect and credibility within the National teams in Audit.
- Energetic, positive and motivational with strong team-working skills.
- High degree of discretion
Applications welcome from those on part time contracts (minimum 0.8 FTE) with an expectation that the individual will work flexibility, with an ability for occasional working hours to be undertaken within London offices (specifically Embankment Place) as Covid-19 restrictions continue to be eased.
This role is being offered as a 12-18 month secondment.