11 days ago
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a senior manager with experience in the insurance industry to join our team on a two-year, full-time secondment. You will be joining the Global ACS (GACS) Central team, part of Global Assurance Risk and Quality, which is currently based in London, co-located with other parts of global assurance. The GACS Central Team is the first point of call for GACS teams from around the world that want to consult on complex accounting technical issues. The successful candidate will have a willingness to learn and the enthusiasm to get involved with both ACS strategy and IFRS 17.
● Be the secretariat for the Insurance Industry Accounting Group (IIAG);
● Respond to consultations and enquiries from GACS and client teams across the network, providing
guidance on the most complex and high profile accounting issues in conjunction with partners in the team;
● Contribute to IFRS thought leadership and knowledge management, for example FAQs and Manual of Accounting
● Help shape the future of accounting standards by leading response letters to standard setters on discussion papers and exposure drafts;
● Review financial statements of high profile clients; and
● Be closely involved in the GACS strategic pillars (connectivity, people, innovation, quality, industries
About the role
● Enhance Relationship skills - We are connected to the various GACS teams around the world and to the Global IFRS 17 network. You will develop an extensive network of senior contacts across the firm as well as interact with partners and directors on a daily basis and gain unique insight as to how the network applies IFRS.
● Develop problem solving skills - We are faced with a diverse range of accounting challenges from across the world every day. You will build advanced analytical skills that can also be applied beyond solving technical issues.
● Build Leadership skills - We are driving the network’s views. You will be contributing to our responses to exposure drafts and discussion papers, managing differing viewpoints and building consensus, and draft thought leadership pieces
● Help shape the direction of travel - We are at the forefront of the IFRS accounting developments. As part of your role as secretary of the IIAG, you will have exposure to, and interactions with, standard setters and regulators.
● Become an expert - We are dealing with the most complex technical accounting issues, particularly relating to IFRS 17. You will further develop your knowledge of IFRS and the practical issues preparers face in applying accounting guidance.
● Experience in the insurance industry life insurance, and a good working knowledge of international financial reporting standards.
● Demonstrated ability to think conceptually and find creative solutions to complex issues.
● A willingness to challenge points of views and opinion, through presenting logical arguments.
● Assertive, flexible, proactive, and self-motivated with a desire for learning.
● Excellent spoken and written English
● Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task, be flexible and recognise changing priorities