11 days ago
The PwC purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems - something which informs the work we do and the clients we work with.
Our culture is one where we all feel empowered to be the best we can be, embracing change and opportunities in a technology driven world. This is underpinned by a strong partnership ethos creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels valued, and they bring their whole self to work. Together, we demonstrate the behaviours that ensure high quality is at the heart of everything we do for the benefit of our people, clients, and community.
In the short term, this means taking learnings from COVID-19 and continuing to work together to adapt and lead in a blended working environment. Longer term, this means reinforcing our position as a trusted employer through promoting everyday inclusion, care and wellbeing, focusing on encouraging the behaviours that will maintain and improve the high quality standards that underpin our brand and developing a growth mindset that supports us all to embrace change and learning, enabling our firm to be flexible and stay relevant to our clients.
There is more to PwC than meets the eye. While the firm is famous for accountancy, we have long established expertise in many areas of business including business recovery, cyber security, economics and policy, private business, sustainability and climate change, actuarial, consulting, forensic services, legal, tax, deals, people and organisation and assurance.
Marketing and Media Assurance sits within our Risk Assurance practice. The experience, expertise and insight we provide our clients with is an invaluable safeguard in today’s complex operating environment. We work with advertisers to deliver business control to help them protect and strengthen every aspect of their marketing and media performance.
About Marketing and Media Assurance
Based in Embankment Place in London, our Marketing & Media Assurance team has ~40 people in London and 300+ experienced marketing and media personnel worldwide.
Our team includes senior ex-marketers, ex-agency leaders, ex-programmatic traders, retail / customer data scientists, marketing econometricians, and privacy lawyers who have worked in publishing and advertising, all combined with the core skills for which PwC is renowned; process / controls / assurance / data / technology.
It is this blend of capability and skills which we believe makes our proposition unique and compelling. We are a neutral, truly independent party committed to delivering trust and transparency across the marketing ecosystem. Our services cover customer data analytics, marketing effectiveness, media assurance auditing, media advisory, audience reporting, campaign delivery, data privacy, and audits of media supply chains.
About the role
We work with advertisers to help manage their media investments and their agency relationships, by aligning interests of all parties, and then by providing assurance over the agency deliverable by applying specialist audit and advisory skills.
We are unique in the market in that our business is built from a basis of professional standard audit skills that any client would expect from PwC - characterised by the relentless pursuit of completeness, accuracy, and first hand verification of all information and data - allied to specialist media skills across all channels.
Our rapidly growing client base comprises advertisers, media owners, ad-tech providers, agencies and industry bodies in the UK, and across 10 centre’s of excellence globally and 150+ PwC offices worldwide.
We work with the world’s largest advertisers on a global, regional and local market basis, providing services across all communication channels from traditional / linear to digital / programmatic and increasingly into new areas such as influencers.
We are looking to expand our team with a series of new hires, including a Manager with circa 7 years of experience who is able to demonstrate specialist, in-depth experience across digital media and in marketing technology. Ideally the successful candidate will have hands-on experience from the following industry sectors: advertiser, agency, martech and ad tech.
This person will play a key role in:
- Delivering advertiser projects in digital media and programmatic
- Helping develop new solutions to take to clients across digital and martech
- Upskilling our teams in the concept and practical realities of digital tools and techniques
- Building and maintaining a strong network internally within PwC
- Drawing on and developing external relationships with clients and wider digital advertising industry
- Helping identify the skill gaps in our team with a view to developing new skills and /or recruiting new talent
Who we are looking for
One of our stated goals is to help the advertising and media industry rebuild trust and establish a future which is open, fair and transparent for all parties, with a particular emphasis on the digital and programmatic advertising ecosystem. We are looking for an individual who is motivated by helping clients better understand and navigate the inherent challenges of digital media, more specifically:
- providing assurance over martech strategy, integration and partnerships and third party tools
- supply path optimisation documentation and advice
- support in preparation for the post-cookie ecosystem
- audience-led marketing capabilities and strategies
- support in helping perform assessments into marketing technology application, journey support, activation strategies
- interaction with foundational technologies e.g. data analytics tools, CRM systems, tag management solutions
- support will also be required to develop marketing technology cost / benefit analyses
- driving PwC’s market understanding e.g. of partner technologies, market trends and costs
- structuring internal processes / controls to reassure clients that they are open / fair / transparent / secure .
For Media Owners
- providing assurance over their long term digital strategy, data monetisation, tech integrations
- support on preparation for the post-cookie ecosystem
- Strong communication and presentation skills, in particular with senior personnel
- Strong analytical skills, ability and eagerness to deal with complex issues
- Strong project management skills and record of leading teams (an average team size is 4-6 people)
- Very good understanding of digital advertising and programmatic trading
- Experience working in Martech platforms (CDP, CRM, Audience and tag management)
e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud
- Experience working in Demand-side Platforms
e.g. Google DV360, The Trade Desk, MediaMath, Amobee, Xandr, Amazon Ads Manager, Adform
- Experience in building audience-led solutions for marketing capabilities
- Experience in building strategies and leading integrations for marketing technology solutions
- Exposure to wider offline media channels and strategy
- a holistic understanding of digital and programmatic tools for example, but not limited to:
- Experience working with Adservers
e.g. Google Campaign Manager, Sizmek
- Experience working with Verification tools
e.g. MOAT, Integral Ad Science, DoubleVerify
- Supply-side Platforms / Mediated Partners
e.g. Google, Facebook Audience Network, Rubicon, AppNexus, OpenX, Pubmatic, Index
- Data Management Platforms
e.g Adobe, Oracle, Adform, Amobee
- Social Platforms
e.g.Facebook Business Manager / Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Pinterest
- Reporting Tools
e.g. Tableau, Metamarkets, Power BI, Datorama
- Other digital tools
e.g Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics