5 days ago
The world of treasury is changing. With ever changing financial business, financial and regulatory environments our clients are asking for ever more challenging support.
PwC’s Treasury and Commodities team provides a full range of treasury support to clients across non-bank financial services businesses, trading businesses and leading multinational corporations. Our teams provide these specialist services to across a wide geographical area, including the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
In the UK, we have the Global Firms largest concentration of expertise including former Treasurers, Analysts, Risk Managers, Traders, IT Specialists and Finance professionals.
About the role
Building on this success, we are now seeking Managers to join our team. As Manager in the team, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of treasury and cash advisory, assurance consultancy services to our clients including;
- Review and development of treasury and cash management operating model, policies, processes, controls, forecasting and reporting;
- Developing and implementing market, credit and liquidity management programs;
- Advice on treasury risk management, hedging strategies and appropriate derivative instruments;
- Working on treasury and cash transformation projects;
- Developing and implementing payment, bank connectivity and cash management structures and processes;
- Supporting clients in developing the business case for, then selection, design and implementation of treasury, payment and cash technology solutions; and
- Working on the treasury aspects of transaction-related and M&A projects.
Required skills and experience
- Working experience in one or more of the following areas from within a corporate or non-bank financial services environment or as an advisor in a leading consultancy:
- treasury and cash systems / technology;
- treasury and cash operations and controls; and
- treasury and financial risk / exposure management.
- Associate member of the ACT or significantly studying towards. Accounting qualification preferred but not essential;
- Experience of working within a project environment as part of a team or leading sub teams;
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret financial and non-financial data;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Flexibility in working in different environments;
- Drive and determination to bring value to our clients;
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral; and
- Ability to lead small sub teams and work as part of larger projects.
- An awareness of treasury, cash and payment technology options available to the Corporate market, how these are applied to deliver improvements plus ideally certain practical experience of design and implementation of said;
- Front, middle and back office treasury and cash awareness with an understanding and experience of key risks, policy options plus operational, financial and control activities;
- Understanding and/or experience in full lifecycle projects to deliver change in a treasury and cash environment (not necessarily in a treasury function); and
- Strong ability to work in a team environment including project management skills.